18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
5.3 frames per second continuous shooting
1080p HD video recording with manual controls
3.0 inch articulated Clear View LCD with 1,040,000 dots
9-point AF system (all cross-type)
Wireless flash control
The Canon EOS 60D is an 18.1 megapixels semi-pro digital single-lens reflex camera made by Canon. It was announced on August 26, 2010,
Compared to the EOS 50D, the following changes have been made, including:
- Resolution increase to 18.1 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor (50D has 15.1 megapixels).
- Maximum sensitivity increased to ISO 6400 (12800 as optional expanded setting) (50D has max 3200 ISO, with 6400 and 12800 as optional expanded settings).
- Video recording, with same controls as the 550D/Rebel T2i.
- 1080p Full HD video recording at 24p, 25p and 30p with drop frame timing.
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz).
- 480p ED video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz).
- Manual control of audio recording (same as newer firmware on 5D MkII).
- Articulating screen (3.0”) with a slightly higher resolution of 1,040,000 pixels, 288 ppi, in 3:2 ratio (50D has 4:3).
- The 60D screen, unlike that of the 50D, matches the aspect ratio of the sensor.
- Lower maximum burst frame rate of 5.3 fps (50D maximum is 6.3 fps).
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot (50D uses CompactFlash).
- Smaller and lighter polycarbonate resin with glass fibre on aluminium chassis (50D has magnesium alloy body).
- Wireless Speedlite control.
- Lack of AF micro-adjustment feature (included in 50D).
- Redesign of controls – multi-controller has been relocated to center of quick control dial; top buttons of 60D control only one setting.
- Locking mode dial.
- Electronic level that can be viewed in the viewfinder, rear LCD monitor, and top LCD panel.
- LP-E6 battery, as used in the 5D MkII and 7D.
- Lack of PC socket for flash synchronization.
- External shutter release port changed from ‘Canon N3’ socket to 3/32″ (2.5mm) TRS pin.
- In-camera raw development and built-in creative filters and special effects.
- External 3.5mm stereo microphone jack