The classic way to macro and photomicrography is via the bellows unit. The BAL-EOSR automatic bellows unit was specially developed for use with Canon EOS-R Mirrorless cameras and lenses, and transfers all functions between camera and lens. Matching lenses can even be used in a reverse position on the bellows unit using an optional reduction ring.
Of course, the BAL-EOSR automatic bellows unit is fully integrated into the NOVOFLEX adapter system and can also be used with other lenses for special applications.
Even those who prefer to work with manual lenses do not need to forego the NOVOFLEX automatic bellows unit, because, as usual with NOVOFLEX, the automatic bellows fits into the large NOVOFLEX modular system and can be combined with all kinds of NOVOFLEX accessories.
Function of a bellows device in general:
- 1. Stepless extension = distance between sensor/film plane and lens (= image distance); thus format-filling photographing of smaller objects possible.
- 2. With the Schneider Kreuznach lens Apo Digitar 4.5/90 stepless adjustment from infinity to 1:1 with 35mm camera.
- 3. Telephoto lenses focus much closer than their near focusing range (without bellows); therefore tele-perspective in the close-up range and above all long working distance (no disturbance of the object, space for additional lighting).
- 4. With standard- and especially wide-angle lenses (from the camera range) enlarged images = macro shooting; over 1:1 to about 7:1
- 5. On the tripod: a separate focusing rack (CASTEL series) is used to focus without changing the bellows extension (= frame size) or the tripod; i.e. the zone of sharpness can be adjusted, while the magnification remains constant.
Size: h= 103mm, b= 130mm, l= 180mm
Min. Extension: 29mm
Max. Extension: 116mm